Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Burgers, yeah...

Y'all after a really long day- I almost cancelled, but I am so glad I didn't. If you've met my mama, you know that she's a talker.  She will talk to you about just about anything. If you don't like to talk at all, just don't even come near her! To be honest, it used to bug me a bit, but now I absolutely treasure it. She is going through some things and handling them like a champ, much better than I have ever handled my own business- but I digress- Burgers, yeah...

Tonight's recipe was a Mama original right down to the "catsup" on the card: Pineapple Burgers.




My mama knows I have a thing about raw meat- I am super paranoid about salmonella and the like, so my hands are always washed about a million and one times every time I work with raw meat of any kind. I preface with that saying that tonight was no exception as i divided up the ground beef (lean of course) into patties- mind you because of my paranoia there is no pictures of that part- phone, raw meat, ick. My mama is a fan of Worcestershire to help mold the patties, so Worcestershire it is. When I asked her why, she just said she just likes it- so there you have it.


There's pineapple inside the patties- the meat formed around it-- although that didn't turn out so good later. My contribution to this recipe was some grilled pineapple (see to the right...:)) These bad boys go into the oven on broil for five minutes on each side. 

Mama was in charge the sauce and the conversation. As she filled me in on the latest in her world, we put together the sauce- 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup "catsup" and 2 Tbsp of mustard in a pan- to cook for 2-3 minutes.


I mean, ya'll come on- isn't she the cutest!?

We need a side- so in walks a classic Terrell side dish- asparagus- olive oil, salt, pepper--- oven. Yum. I could literally eat this whole pan by myself.



So it turns out I am not so the pro at forming my meat around the asparagus- maybe next time a little more meat per patty, even if it means sacrificing a patty.


Ya'll though the final product, was to die for sweet mixed with the mustard and ketchup reminded me of another family favorite called Slum Gullion- which sounds yuck- but it is my little sister's favorite. Perhaps, an upcoming post with her as a special guest???




Simple, easy, and so much fun. Absolutely every time, I pull up a chair at my family table it ends up in greatness. Laughing,sharing, and just being at the table with my dad and my mom- well, it's all the things and so much more. Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment